- DeltaViewer, 3-dimensional
image processing program for biology, medicine and physiology.
- OPTi visualizes quasi-conformal
deformations of the once-punctured-torus groups. It interactively
shows the isometric circles, the Ford region, the limit set, etc.
- N. Katagiri, Y. Katagiri, M. Wada, D. Okano, Y. Shigematsu, T. Yoshioka,
Three-dimensional reconstruction of the axon extending from the dermal
photoreceptor cell in the extraocular photoreception system of a marine
gastropod, Onchidium, Zoological Science 31(12) (2014) 810-819.
- T. Kitano, M. Suzuki, M. Wada, Erratum to the article Twisted Alexander
polynomials and surjectivity of a group homomorphism, Algebraic & Geometric
Topology 11 (2011) 2937-2939.
- S. Yamada, H. Itoh, C. Uwabe, S. Fujihara, C. Nishibori, M. Wada,
S. Fujii, K. Shiota, Computerized three-dimensional analysis of the
heart and great vessels in normal and holoprosencephalic human embryos,
Anatomical Record, 290(3) (2007), 259-267.
- M. Wada, OPTi's Algorithm for Discreteness Determination, Experimental
Mathematics, Vol.15 (2006), 61-66.
- Y. Komori, T. Sugawa, M. Wada, Y. Yamashita, Drawing Bers Embeddings
of the Teichmuller Space of Once-Punctured Tori, Experimental Mathematics,
Vol. 15 (2006), 51-60.
- T. Kitano, M. Suzuki, M. Wada, Twisted Alexander polynomials and
surjectivity of a group homomorphism, Algebraic & Geometric Topology,
Vol. 5 (2005), 1315-1324.
- N. Katagiri, Y. Shigematsu, A. Horii, M. Wada, Y. Katagiri, Three-dimensional
Reconstruction from Serial Sections of a Unique Lymnaea Eye
using DeltaViewer, Proceedings of the 8th Asia-Pacific Conference on
Electron Microscopy, Kanazawa (2004), 865-866.
- M. Wada: OPTi's Algorithm for Drawing the Limit Set, Interdisciplinary
Information Sciences, Vol. 9 (2003), 183-187.
- H. Akiyoshi, M. Sakuma, M. Wada and Y. Yamashita: Jorgensen's picture
of punctured torus groups and its refinement, Kleinian Groups and Hyperbolic
3-Manifolds, Lond. Math. Soc. Lec. Notes 299, Cambridge Univ. Press,
2003, pp. 247-273.
- H. Akiyoshi, M. Sakuma, M. Wada and Y. Yamashita: A way from punctured
torus groups to two-bridge knot groups, Geometry and Topology, Proceeding
of Workshop in Pure Mathematics, Vol. 19, Pure Mathematics Research
Association, The Korean Academic Council, 2000, pp. 145-173.
- O. Kobayashi and M. Wada: Circular geometry and the Schwarzian,
Far East J. Math. Sci., Special Volume (2000), Part III (Geometry and
- M. Wada and O. Kobayashi: The Schwarzian and Möbius transformations
in higher dimensions, Clifford Algebras and their Applications in Mathematical
Physics, Vol. 2 "Clifford Analysis", 2000, pp. 239-246.
- M. Wada: A generalization of the Schwarzian via Clifford numbers,
Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn., Vol. 23 (1998) 453-460.
- M. Wada: Parabolic representations of the groups of mutant knots,
J. Knot Theory and its Ramifications, Vol. 6 (1997) No. 6, 895-905.
- M. Wada, Y. Yamashita and H. Yoshida: An inequality for polyhedra
and ideal triangulations of cusped hyperbolic 3-mainfolds, Proc. A.
M. S., Vol. 124 (1996) No. 12, 3905-3911.
- M. Wada: Twisted Alexander polynomial for finitely presentable groups,
Topology, Vol. 33 (1994) No. 2, 241-256.
- C. Hayashi and M. Wada: Constructing links by plumbing flat annuli,
J. Knot Theory and its Ramifications, Vol. 2 (1993) No. 4, 427-429.
- M. Wada: Coding link diagrams, J. Knot Theory and its Ramifications,
Vol. 2 (1993) No. 2, 233-237.
- M. Wada: Group invariants of links, Topology, Vol. 31 (1992) No.
- M. Wada: Conjugacy invariants of Möbius transformations, Complex
Variables, Vol. 15 (1990), 125-133.
- M. Wada: Closed orbits of non-singular Morse-Smale flows on S3,
J. Math. Soc. Japan, Vol. 41 (1989) No. 3, 405-413.
- Ph. D. thesis: Conjugacy invariants and normal forms of isometries
of hyperbolic space, Columbia University (1986), partly appeared as "Conjugacy
invariants of Möbius transformations".
- Master thesis: Links which consist of the closed orbits of non-singular
Morse-Smale flows on 3-spheres, Osaka University (1983), appeared as "Closed
orbits of non-singular Morse-Smale flows on S3".
- M. Wada: Fundamentals of Linear Algebra (in Japanese), Asakura (2009).
- H. Akiyoshi, M. Sakuma, M. Wada, Y. Yamashita: Punctured Torus Groups
and 2-Bridge Knot Groups I, Lec. Notes in Math. 1909, Springer (2007).
- Japanese translation (Ch. 1) of W. Thurston "Three-Dimensional Geometry
and Topology", Baifukan (1999).
- M. Wada: Stable cuts for weighted graphs.
- K. Shimomura, M. Wada: An upper bound for the Hausdorff dimension of parabolic Cantor sets.
- M. Wada: From once-punctured torus to twice-punctured torus, 2004.
- M. Wada: Lifting projective linear representations of knot groups
to linear representations, 1993.
- M. Wada: Another group invariant of links, 1991.
- M. Wada: Spin representations of the braid groups and the value
of the Jones polynomial at the square root of -1, 1990.
- M. Wada: Polynomial representations of the braid groups and algebraic
variety invariants for links, 1990.
- M. Wada: Arctangent formulas for pi, 1989.
- M. Wada: Chaotic itinerancy between two Lorenz attractors (Japanese) 2012.
- M. Wada: Cone deformation, RIMS Kokyuroku 1777 "Geometric and analytic approaches to representations of a group and representation spaces" (2012), 113-4.
- M. Wada: Twisted Alexander polynomial revisited, RIMS Kokyuroku 1747 "Twisted topological invariants and topology of low-dimensional manifolds" (2011), 140-144.
- M. Wada: Program for visualizing punctured torus groups – OPTi (Japanese),
Sugaku Seminar Vol. 49 no. 9 (2010) 20-23.
- M. Wada: 3D reconstruction from serial sections using DeltaViewer
(technical notes in Japanese), Comparative Physiology and Biochemistry
Vol. 24, No. 4 (2007), 160-165.
- M. Wada: Stereo reconstruction using DeltaViewer (Japanese), J. of
Japanese Assoc. of Med. Photography Vol. 43, No. 1 (2005), 4-6.
- M. Wada: Stereo reconstruction using DeltaViewer (Japanese), Proc.
of Symposium for Mathematics, Physics, Information and Computer Sciences,
Nara Women's University (2005) 61-70.
- M. Wada: Concerning OPTi a research aid for Kleinnian groups and
hyperbolic geometry (Japanese), Sugaku 55 (2003) 101-107.
- M. Wada: OPTi's algorithm for discreteness determination (Japanese),
RIMS Kokyuroku 1270 "Hyperbolic Spaces and Discrete Groups II" (2002),
- Y. Komori, T. Sugawa, M. Wada and Y. Yamashita: Drawing Bers embeddings
of the Teichmuller space of once punctured tori, RIMS Kokyuroku 1163 "Hyperbolic
Spaces and Related Topics II" (2000), 9-17.
- H. Akiyoshi, M. Sakuma, M. Wada and Y. Yamashita: Ford domains of
punctured torus groups and two-bridge knot groups, RIMS Kokyuroku 1163 "Hyperbolic
Spaces and Related Topics II" (1998), 67-77.
- M. Wada: The Schwarzian and univalency of mappings (Japanese), RIMS
Kokyuroku 1065 "Analysis and Geometry of Hyperbolic Spaces" (1998),
- H. Akiyoshi, M. Sakuma, M. Wada and Y. Yamashita: Punctured torus
groups and two-parabolic groups, RIMS Kokyuroku 1065 "Analysis
and Geometry of Hyperbolic Spaces" (1998), 61-73.
- M. Wada: Nervous system and the evolution (Japanese), JST Forum "Information,
from the Viewpoints of Physics, Biology, Engeneering, Cultural and
Social Sciences", 1998.
- M. Wada: Simulating the evolution of the central nervous system
(Japanese), Proceedings of the 8th Annual Conference of JNNS (1997),
- M. Wada: A generalization of the Schwarzian via Clifford numbers
(Japanese translation), RIMS Kokyuroku 1022 "Analysis of Discrete
- M. Wada: A generalization of power series to real several dimensions,
RIMS Kokyuroku 967 "Analysis of Discrete Groups" (1996),
- M. Wada: Representations of knot groups (Japanese), Sugaku Seminar
(1994), No. 1.
- M. Wada: On parallel information processing (Japanese), Proceeding
of Nara Women's University Information Processing Center, No. 5 (1993).
- M. Wada: He Baihe's theorem on the normal closure (Japanese), Tsuda
Topology symposium "Knot Theory and Topology of Low Dimensional
- M. Wada: Representations of knot groups (Japanese), Abstracts of
the 40th Topology symposium (1993).
- M. Wada: Twisted Alexander polynomial (Japanese), "Topological
Invariants related to Gauge Theory" (1993).
- M. Wada: Coding knot diagrams (Japanese), "Diverse Structures
of Knots and Related Topics" (1992).
Society of Japan, the Best Image Hiruma Prize 2004
"Three-dimensional reconstruction from MRI data using DeltaViewer" by
M. Wada, N. Katagiri, Y. Shigematsu, S. Fujihara, C. Nishibori, C. Takeuchi,
S. Hashimoto, A. Horii, Y. Katagiri
Society of Japan, the Best Image Hiruma Prize 2003
"Reconstruction from serial sections using DeltaViewer" by
N. Katagiri, M. Wada, Y. Shigematsu, S. Fujihara, I. Yokoyama, Y. Katagiri